Thursday, March 12, 2009

So my buddy mike has loaned me his book Watchmen.  I was a bit surprised when I picked it up.  I was not expecting it to be a comic type book.  I have never read that genre before other than Archies!  LOL   I looked it over last nite though and it looks to be a awesome read.  Going to start on it today.

I am supposed to be downstairs ripping off wallpaper in the bathroom and the bedroom.  We are getting ready to do some painting this weekend.  I cant wait until the whole basement is finished and we are able to hang out down there.  We are going to have the set up as this:  the living room part will be divided between the entertainment area with the tv/speakers/couch.  Behind the couch will be the table which will be used for crafts and puzzles. Then there will be bookshelves filled with the kids books and my DS train table.  I am so looking forward to getting it all done before next winter.  We are not sure though what to do with the kitchen part of the basement.  I told my DH that i am not caring so much about that one as I am about the upstairs one!  I am wanting to paint the kitchen do a major overhaul to the bathroom upstairs and paint my room.  So we have lots of little projects to do to keep us busy.  When I mention my plans to anyone they always say that I should go to the bank and get a loan and have it all done at once.  I dont believe in that.  I dont want anymore debt.  DH and I are looking at this way if we have extra money on a certain week then we will use that to do something small.  I have heard of people doing extensive renos and the place looks great but they are up to their eyes in debt.  Not the way I want to do our place.  Believe me though the temptation is there though somedays when I think oh lets just get it all over with.  But then I think that it is not that much fun to do it that way.  :)

  The mornings are usually school time for my DS.  I am working with him on his letters/numbers. I find that he gets frustrated so easily.   Then after lunch I have been watching the trailer park boys every day from 1 to 2pm.  I am glad that showcase beeps out the swear words in case DS comes in the room.  Although to be honest some of the words the boys say he has heard before.  Both from me and DH!  

So i should run sorry that i have not been on for a bit...I am so sick of this snow and cold and thinking about wood and putting wood in the stove.....please spring come soon...........


1 comment:

wellgoodgravy said...

Geez, I wish I had the know-how to do renos and stuff. I'm a big dummy when it comes to that. I have to pay people to do it. You're lucky having your DH.

So hey, I thought you knew Watchmen was a comic. Trust me, girl, it ain't Archie. You can think of it like movie guys see it: as a storyboard for a movie. Essentially that's what this turned out to be. When you see the movie you'll be floored at how close to the book it really is. It's the most faithful adaptation I've ever seen. And it will make you think about a LOT of things.

You'll have to let me know what you think as you go!

Good post. Keep it up, girlie.